Presented by the
Ornithological Council

Member organizations of the Ornithological Council

American Ornithologists' Union

Association of Field Ornithologists


Cooper Ornithological Society

Neotropical Ornithological Society

Pacific Seabird Group

Raptor Research Foundation

Society of Canadian Ornithologists ~ Société des Ornithologistes du Canada

Society for the Conservation and Study of Caribbean Birds

The Waterbird Society

Wilson Ornithological Society
Page Last Updated
Sun, Jan 25, 2009

Contact Webmaster:
Robert.Curry @

© 1997-2009, The Ornithological Council, All Rights Reserved

DHTML Menu By Milonic JavaScript

State permit policies & procedures

Back to US State index




Kathy Konishi
Manager, Special Licensing Unit
Colorado Division of Wildlife
Attn: Special Licensing
6060 Broadway
Denver, CO 80216-1000
Phone: (303) 291-7143
Fax: (303) 346-4541

Is a permit required for banding?

Yes. The application specifically refers to marking and releasing. The regulations specifically
state: “#1315 - PURPOSE  A. A Scientific Collecting License may be issued for the purpose of importing, marking or banding or temporary or permanent possession of wildlife and collection of wildlife specimens for the purpose of scientific collections or bona fide scientific research.

Permit application forms

State lands

To be determined

Prior notice

To be determined


Regulations: download here